Tuesday 20 March 2012

Which cheese do you use to get a bear out of a cave? - "Camembert!!"

Now, anyone who knows me well knows I am an avid cheese lover, the stinkier and gooier the better. In fact even once I find a perfectly gooey cheese, I just love to take it to the extreme. Which is why a baked Camembert really is my idea of heaven! Honestly if I was on death row this would be my last request. So you can imagine my delight when my lovely (also French cheese addicted) parents treated me to a Parisienne Camembert baking dish, complete with recipe book. 


Now in the past I have simply used the box the Camembert comes in to cook it , but this little beauty really does make it a lot easier and  a lot prettier. The recipe book that comes with it is full of quirky little experiments to try such as adding cherries, mango chutney or pinenuts, however I am yet to try these as I am too in love with my classic thyme and garlic version. 




Please give this a go - if you are without a lovely dish like mine then simply keep the cheese inside its cardboard/wickerlike box but remove the plastic, stab all over the top of the rind with a knife and then drizzle with olive oil, sliced garlic, and fresh thyme. Whack this in the oven for about 20 mins at gas mark 6, then dive in with warm crusty baguette and some Italian breadsticks (or celery and carrot sticks if you're into that) and then wait for heaven to begin!!





1 comment:

  1. friggggin LOVE Camembert, your blog is bad for my waistline! NEED some gooey melted cheese now!

    i love poking in garlic and rosemary, yum! x

    ReplyDelete